Become a Member
Who can become a public member?
- Residents of Herefordshire, Powys and bordering areas of Monmouthshire and Shropshire;
- Anyone 14 years old and over;
- Wye Valley NHS Trust staff will automatically become members so do not need to apply.
What does membership involve?
- Receiving information about the Wye Valley NHS Trust;
- Electing the Council of Governors, the representatives of the members, or standing for election yourself;
- Contributing ideas and making suggestions for improvements through your elected governor;
- The chance to attend open meetings of the Council of Governors and be consulted on their activities;
- The opportunity to participate in focus groups and attend exclusive events to gain an inside view of the Wye Valley NHS Trust.
We want all our members to enjoy their involvement with the trust. You choose how actively involved you are.
How can I apply?
If you would like to apply please fill in the form below or or download and print out the paper copy.
Anything else I need to know?
- You can apply to be a member or cancel your membership at anytime;
- Members do not receive any preferential NHS treatment above non-members;