The renal services in The County Hospital are provided as an outreach service from the region renal unit in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham and the satellite unit in Worcester Royal Hospital. Currently the renal services consist of:
- Two out-patient clinics per week provided by Dr Lukas Foggensteiner (QEH, Birmingham) and Martin Ferring (WRH, Worcester) on Wednesdays and Fridays. Clinics take place in the Diabetes Centre out-patients department. All aspects of general nephrology, pre-dialysis management and limited renal transplant follow-up can be provided.
- A monthly specialist diabetic nephropathy clinic provided jointly by the diabetic and renal service.
- Availability of in-patient consultations on Wednesday and Friday's, provided ward referrals are received by 12 midday.
- There is 24 hour access to renal advice via the 'on call' Renal SpR at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- Unit-based haemodialysis for the management of chronic renal failure located in Hereford - see contact details below.
- Availability of consultant level telephone advice at all times from Dr Foggensteiner or Dr Ferring
Services provided in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham include acute dialysis, renal biopsy and specialist renal investigations and therapies, vascular and peritoneal dialysis access, renal transplant assessment, acute transplantation and transplant follow up. Renal biopsies can also be carried out in Worcester for Hereford patients.
- Secretarial support is provided by Mrs Sally James. Clinic bookings and in-patient referrals should go through this office.
Phone: 01432 364231
Fax: 01432 364193
- Dr Lukas Foggensteiner can be contacted via the renal secretaries in Hereford or the renal department in the QE. For referrals of local patients please contact the The County Hospital secretary
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Phone: 0121 627 2000 Ext. 5444
Mobile: 07887 656382
- Secretary Barbara Joyce
Phone: 0121 371 5841 (direct line)
- Dr Martin Ferring can be contacted via the renal secretaries in The County Hospital or the renal department in Worcester Royal Hospital. For referrals of local patients please contact the Hereford secretary
Secretary Sarah Hancocks
Phone: 01905 733239
Fax: 01905 760 167
The current site will close for dialysis care at 6.30pm on the 1 November 2014 and open in new premises as of November 3 2014, as Hereford Kidney Treatment Centre. This will no longer be part of Fresenius care but part of Diaverum. The email address and contact details below will also be changing and this page will be updated to include these details once available.
- Satellite Haemodialysis Unit
Tel: 01432 277929
Fax: 01432 277922
Tel: 01432 364231
Fax: 01432 364193
Dr Lukas Foggensteiner
Dr Martin Ferring